Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Valentine's Wreath

As far as crafting on a budget, this is one of my favorite projects completed.
How to:
1. Using wire hangers or heavy-duty wire from a hardware store, make the shape of a heart. I used 0.064" wire (14 ga.) and I doubled it to make the wreath more sturdy.
2. Using 5 yards of Tulle, cut strips that are about 2 inches by 4.5 inches.
3. Tie the strips of Tulle in knots around the entire wreath.
4. Add strips of lace, fabric, or other colors of tulle to give more dimension to the wreath.
6. Add a long strip of fabric to the wreath to use for hanging.



Cost:
  • 5 yards of Tulle: On sale at Hobby Lobby for $0.77/yard. I purchased 5 yards (total = $3.84) and used a 40% coupon making my total $2.30
  • Wire: FREE! We had some left over wire from a fencing project 2 years ago, but we also had wire hangers in the closet that I could have used.
  • Fabric Strips: FREE! I save a lot of my odds and ends when I sew, and I had just what I needed for this project.
Grand total: About $2.50 after taxes.

4 comments: