That's a 94% savings folks. But does it work? Well, let me show you how it worked for us. In the spring someone walked right into the house with muddy feet and left a few lovely dirt stains.
Jillee really did a great job explaining this process, so it was simple to follow.
- Mix one part ammonia with one part hot water. I mixed one cup of each when I tried this.
- Apply mixture to the stain. You DO want to give the stain a pretty good soak, so don't be too shy about wetting the stain.
- Place a clean white towel (I used old baby burp cloths) over top the wetted stain.
- Iron over the towel on the STEAM setting. This is what I saw after just ONE time ironing over the stain.
- Repeat the process as desired.
- Your house will smell like ammonia for a few hours, there's no getting around it.
- If you have shag carpet iron in BOTH directions, otherwise you will only clean one side of the carpet fibers.
- This same process also lifted a red piece of salt water taffy that had been ground into my carpet!
- This creates ammonia gas (because you are evaporating the liquid ammonia), so keep the windows open and be careful about how much ammonia you are ironing up at a time.