Sunday, March 6, 2011

How Do You Solve a Problem...

Baby girl needed a new dress for Church. We are finding that she is about as wide as a 12-month-old, but as short as a 6-month-old, so finding clothes that fit is becoming difficult (and expensive).
I have yards, and yards, and yards of fabric in the basement that my Mother-In-Law has passed on to me over the years. So I tried my hand at making a dress on my own:I know what you're thinking..."that skirt looks a lot like drapes." Well, we THINK that's what the fabric was originally used for. So, yeah. I'm pretty much a modern day Maria Von Trapp.

Cost of this dress: FREE! (Unless you count the time it took to measure, cut, sew, re-sew, pick seams, sew again...if you counted THAT, then this would be a VERY expensive dress :) )

2 comments:

  1. I can not sew, SO, I think you did GREAT!! Also, my sister Leslie and her husband Josh live in your back yard. Not literaly of course.

    ReplyDelete