Saturday, February 26, 2011

:(

Oh man! We HAD to go to the store this week. We ran out of formula, milk, and eggs. Such a bummer! We were also getting very low on frozen baby food.

So when I picked up the milk and eggs I spent about $12 more bucks on some of the produce that was on sale: apples, pineapple, and carrots. I also grabbed a bunch of bananas. Then I got straight to work making more baby food!

Today I made Pear-Pineapple and Strawberry-Banana-Pineapple (about 14 servings total), and I hope to also make: Applesauce, Apple-Pear, Banana-Strawberry, Peach-banana, and Pina-Colada with the rest of the produce I bought (and with some frozen fruit we already have).

Maybe next month we can COMPLETELY skip a week of shopping! Now I know I need to actually PLAN to skip a week...so what's the plan? During the first 3 weeks of the month I am going to try to buy enough items for 2 extra meals, while still buying only what is on sale and combining those things with coupons.

No comments:

Post a Comment