Thursday, February 17, 2011

Update on Uncle Sam

(Sinister laugh).

OK, not REALLY sinister. But I feel like I just cheated the system.

We took a second look at our deductions, and there was a whole section I missed! It was fantastic. We doubled our teeny-tiny refund so that now it is just a tiny federal refund. We still owe the state though.

I sent out the federal e-file and should see the money in a week or two. Then we'll turn a portion of that back around to the State.

Like I said, I feel extremely clever for getting this done. When in actuality this is just the first year I've cared to do things in the most efficient way...it's amazing how much easier this finance thing is when you start caring :)

1 comment:

  1. It just so happens that I'm married to a wonderful tax accountant/almost CPA so next year give us a call and Jason will help you out!

    And GO YOU GUYS on this money make over thing. You're stronger than me...one of these days I'll kick it into high gear. I just don't think I could go with out a Taco Amigo something or other for more than a week. :)

    ReplyDelete